Our environment is part of our identity, and we intend to protect it. Hotel Chicago continues to take actionable steps towards sustainability and to be a leader in environmental best practices. Continue reading to learn what we’ve done and more importantly, where we’re going.
- Green Lighting – LED energy efficient bulbs are in place throughout the entire property
- Smart Thermostats – Energy saving thermostats provide cooling when our guests are in their rooms and in our meeting spaces
- Daily Energy Conservation – Routine walks by our Leadership Team daily ensuring all areas of our hotel are practicing energy conservation
- Low water toilets – 1.6 gallons per flush to reduce water usage
- Water efficiency in our bathrooms – Flow limiters ensure consistent pressure and conserve on domestic water usage
- Bio-Diversity – Our Chicago Green housekeeping service initiative allows our guests to decline service during their stay in lieu of 500 Bonus points to help save on energy and resources.
- E-Folio – We are helping our environment by only printing our guest folios upon request
- Reducing our carbon footprint – We use mounted toiletries dispensers instead of individual bottles
- Climate Change and Resilience – Hotel Chicago is the complex focal point for Cardboard recycling.
- Procurement, Air Quality, Green Hotel – Monthly hotel PM program achieving 3x turn of all guestrooms with HVAC filter change and unit cleaning. All associates expected to use refillable water bottles to reduce plastic water bottles.
- Health, Safety, Wellbeing – All associates have access to EAP for personal assistance and guidance. Healthy choice meal options offered daily to associates and guests (non Covid). Annual associate physicals offered as part of the healthcare plan
- Social Policies- Hotel Chicago has a CARE Committee committed to community outreach and support.
- Other – Hotel Chicago fundraises through the Social Responsibility Committee (CARE) with proceeds going to Hotel selected charities.
Thank you for joining our mission to continue to save our planet’s precious resources. Together we can all make a difference!
Shared Interest with our owners, Pebblebrook Hotel
63% of our properties have a sustainability coordinator or green champion
80% of our properties have meeting rooms with digital thermostats
98% of our properties have a preventative maintenance plan that checks building energy and water equipment at least quarterly
61% of our properties have a water efficiency program
94% of our properties have faucets with low-flow aerators to conserve water
48% of our properties have eliminated single-use plastics (or reduced to an absolute minimum) from the property
74% of our properties have eliminated plastic straws
65% of our properties have implemented a food waste prevention strategy
Nearly $19 million invested on environmental initiatives
PEB 5-Star Promise Statement
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (“Pebblebrook”) strongly supports AHLA’s 5-Star Promise. Our pledge to AHLA complements the practices and policies in-place by our company and our hotel operating partners which are designed to ensure that the hotel employees at our more than 50 owned hotels across the United States abide by the law, respect individual’s rights, and do not tolerate sexual harassment of any type at our properties. We have dedicated a significant amount of resources to assist our hotel operators with sexual harassment awareness training and avoidance programs, in addition to training and resources to prevent human trafficking. We will continue to engage with our hotel operators to provide the resources to further assist them in ensuring the safety of our hotel employees and our guests. Pebblebrook is committed to funding the purchase of hotel employee safety devices for use at all of our owned hotels by the end of 2020, as well as to provide funding for additional training and education programs on sexual harassment and human trafficking at our corporate level and our hotel properties. Through our pledge to the 5-Star Promise, Pebblebrook intends to contribute to positive, industry-wide improvements to continue to make hotels a safe place for all our employees and guests.